369method is based on these 3 categories.
- Psychological Safety
- Psychological Availability
For each category, 6 statements are presented. These are statements such as:
- I feel part of a team that works together to get the job done;
- I feel free to fully express myself and give feedback to everyone;
- My team lead supports and challenges me;
- I am able to keep a good balance between my work and private life, etc.
In the end a team of employees has their own unique 9 (3 x 3) team-based statements.
From that moment on, the team is ready to engage in two-weekly dialogues and discuss improvement possibilities. The team dialogues don’t need to last for more than one hour to cover improvement areas and present ideas on how to improve. Once the team has decided on how to improve the rating for a specific statement, an action plan is created and followed up on by one or more team member(s). Action plans are tracked live and discussed in the upcoming dialogue, resulting in better scores for specific statements.